- Late morning tour departure – Avoid the crowds!
- Enjoy the twilight magic and mystery of the Blue Mountains National Park at sunset
- Escape to the wilderness of a World Heritage LIsted area, located in New South Wales
- See the iconic and spectacular Three Sisters rock formation, overlooking picturesque landscapes
- Guided bush walks along secret trails of a World Heritage Listed area
- Amazing lookout views across Jamison Valley
- Walk the National Pass to Wentworth Falls
- Australian wildlife sightings in their natural habitat
Avoid the crowds on this relaxed exploration of the Blue Mountains! Explore the changing moods of the Blue Mountains in the late afternoon sunlight and capture the sunset over the rugged ranges and valleys. This tour is designed to avoid the peak hour traffic of Sydney with later departures and returns to maximise our time enjoying the stunning scenery and native forests.
With a late morning departure, you will have extra time to explore Sydney before joining this tour to one of the world’s most spectacular World Heritage-listed national parks. Located 50 kilometres from Sydney CBD, the Blue Mountains is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, and is rich in Aboriginal heritage. A rugged mountain range of unique sandstone formations and steep cliffs, the Blue Mountains is known for its dramatic landscape. Surrounded by giant eucalyptus trees which creates a blue haze that lives up to its name.
After we stop for lunch, we’ll continue to explore the amazing Jamison Valley. Get up close to the storied sandstone formation, the iconic Three Sisters. Hike along some impressive bush trails toward one of the most breath-taking waterfalls in New South Wales then settle in to watch the sun sink behind the distant mountains casting shadows over the rock formations and eucalyptus forests. On the journey home, take a quick break to grab some dinner before we go kangaroo spotting! Many of Australia’s native animals are much more active in the dusk hours and we’ll explore some of the secret spots where we are most likely to find wildlife.
Driving Distance: 250km
*A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks.
- National Park entry fees
- Guided bush walks* (*2hr walking subject to fitness level)
- Australian wildlife sightings
- Experienced driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pickup and drop off points
- Any meals not indicated within the itinerary – at guests own expense
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Personal expenses
- 1L refillable water bottle
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Comfortable walking shoes with tread, closed shoes
- Appropriate all-weather clothing, evenings can get cold
- Small day pack 5-7kg
- Flashlight, headlamp or torch
- Money for snack and meals
Not suitable for infants or children 5 yrs and under
- Adult (13+) – $155pp
- Child (6-12) – $125pp
- 11:30 | 09:30 – Holiday Inn Kings Cross – 203 Victoria St Potts Point
- 11:40 | 09:40 – Vibe Hotel Sydney – 111 Goulburn St Sydney
- 11:45 | 9:45 – Mercure Sydney, 818/820 George St, corner of Little Regent entrance, Sydney
- 11:50 | 9:50 – Rydges World Square Hotel, 389 Pitt St, Sydney
- 12:00 | 10:00 – The Grace Sydney, 77 York St, Sydney
- 12:05 | 10:05 – Travelodge Hotel Sydney Martin Place, 165 Phillip St, Sydney
- 12:10 | 10:10 – Sir Stamford at Circular Quay, 93 Macquarie St, Sydney
- 12:15 | 10:15 – Four Seasons 96-98 Harrington St, The Rocks
This tour is affected by daylight savings hours, the departure time changes throughout the year to maximise the sunset experience.
- 03 Oct 2021 – 02 Apr 2022 summer @ 12:00pm
- 03 Apr 2022 – 01 Oct 2022 winter @ 10:00am
- 02 Oct 2022 – 01 Apr 2023 summer @ 12:00pm
- 02 Apr 2023 – 30 Sep 2023 winter @ 10:00am
- 01 Oct 2023 – 06 Apr 2024 summer @ 12:00pm
In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks.
- Child policy 6 years old and over, not suitable for children 5 years old and under.
- Passenger contact information and will be kept on file for 30-days for the purposes of contact tracing. We require the full name, contact phone number and email address of the lead passenger.
- For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitation.Temperature checks of all staff and travellers will be conducted pre-departure and hand-sanitizer will be provided.
- All tours must be re-confirmed with the operator within 7 days prior to departure on 03 9393 1333.
- Please notify the tour operator of any dietary requirements or medical conditions prior to departure.
- Private touring is available on request.
Registered as a COVID Safe business using guidelines from Safe Work Australia and well as ATEC COVID Ready badge program. Our approach addresses four key areas in controlling the risks of coronavirus for our Tour Guides and Guests:
- Manage staff and traveller well being
- Maintain practical physical distancing limits, where possible
- Enhanced hygiene and cleaning
- Keeping records to facilitate contact tracing
- Hand sanitiser and disposable face masks will be provided onboard our vehicles.
- Fully vaccinated business
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
TEMPORARY CHANGES INCLUDE
- Smaller passenger numbers and limited number of separate bookings per tour
- Scheduled days of operation have been reduced, private charters are available on request
- Price revised mid season to accommodate reduced numbers, effective from 1st September 2020
BLACK OUT DATES
24-26DEC, 31DEC-01JAN, 26JAN, 25APR
Daily (from Oct22) / Tue, Thu, Sun (Apr22-Sep22)
Min 9 – Max 23 (subject to physical distancing)
10:15am (winter Apr-Oct) / 12:15pm (summer Oct-Apr)
DEFAULT DEPARTURE LOCATION
The Grace Hotel Sydney – 77 York St Sydney
20:45pm (winter Apr-Oct) / 22:45pm (summer Oct-Apr)
DEFAULT RETURN LOCATION
AUDIO TRANSLATION APP