- Hassle-free transfers from Darwin direct, with Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise entry
- Travel aboard the only Aboriginally owned cruise operator, where profits go back into supporting the traditional owners of the surrounding area
- Explore the diverse wetlands and waterways of the Adelaide River, a floodplain region identified as an important bird area
- Northern Territory is known for its diverse Australian wildlife, amongst 280 different species of birds and 117 species of reptiles
- Enjoy live commentary from our wildlife expert, learn about these magnificent creatures, croc biology, behaviours and local ecosystem
- Shhh… there’s a secret in every tour!
Day 1: Darwin – Adelaide River
Join us for one of Darwin’s most iconic must do activity… a 1⁄2 Day Aboriginally owned Jumping Croc Cruise on the Adelaide River. Departing the city, we journey about 60km South East towards the Marrakai wetlands, home to not only an apex predator, the crocodile, but 117 different species of reptiles and 280 different types of birds.
A truly exhilarating and unique experience for our guests to get up close and personal to some of nature’s most aggressive and dangerous wildlife located in the naturally occurring waterways of the Northern Territory. It is said that Australia’s Top End hosts over 100,000 saltwater crocodiles predominantly in and around the Darwin, Adelaide River and Mary River areas. So there is no need to worry, you be sure to see the biggest reptile in the world and oldest creature to walk the planet since dinosaurs, these prehistoric beasts growing up to 6 meters in length (the size of a small bus) and can weigh up to 1000kg. An infamous crocodile called “Sweetheart” was captured not too far from the Adelaide River after repeatedly chewing the motors off the back of fisherman’s boats and stealing the farmers cows. Sweetheart unfortunately passed away and can now be seen taxidermied in the Darwin Museum.
Our jumping crocodile cruise partners are highly trained to ensure the safety of both the crocodiles and passengers at all times. Crocodiles are fed buffalo meat, so that guests can see first-hand the powerful and spectacular hunting techniques of a saltwater crocodile. All staff are issued with Wildlife Permits by National Parks and Wildlife for our interactions and no animals are harmed in any way during our wildlife interactions.
Driving Distance: 120 km
Hike Distance: – n/a
*Note this itinerary is interchangeable during seasonal fluctuations.
- Hassle-free transfer service from Darwin
- 1-hour Adelaide River boat cruise
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Experienced wildlife driver guides
- Air-conditioned small group travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pickup and drop off
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel insurance recommended
- Personal expenses
- A range of crocodile souvenirs and aboriginal arts & crafts are available for purchase at the Jumping Crocodile Cruise gift shop.
- Water bottle – 1L
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Tropical strength insect repellent
- Money for snack and meals
- Adult (13+) – $115pp
- Child (0-12) – $70pp
- 7:25 – Mindil Beach Casino Resort – Casino Dr The Gardens Darwin
- 7:30 – Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
- 7:32 – The Cavenagh Hotel – 12 Cavenagh St Darwin City
- 7:32 – Mantra Pandanas Darwin – 43 Knuckey St Darwin City
- 7:34 – Hilton Darwin – 32 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:35 – Tourist Precinct Mini Bus Zone – 69 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:37 – H on Mitchell Hotel Apartment – 105 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:38 – DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade – 116 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:39 – Novotel Darwin CBD – 100 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:40 – Mantra on the Esplanade Darwin – 88 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:45 – Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront – 7 Kitchener Dr Darwin City
- 8:05 – Discovery Parks – 11 Farrell Crescent entrance Winnellie
- 8:10 – Darwin FreeSpirit Resort – 901 Stuart Hwy Deviney Rd Holtze
- 8:45 – Croc Cruise 2915 Arnhem Highway – Window of Wetlands Wak Wak
In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
- Infants aged 0 to 4 are not permitted to travel on adult laps and must be safely restrained within a child protective seat. Infant protective seats are free of charge and must be requested at time of booking.
- Child fare prices are valid from 0 to 12 years old.
- This terrain is not suitable for mobility impaired travellers, wheelchairs, walkers, prams or strollers.
- Limited storage space on our vehicle, baggage kept to 1 x 5-7kg day bag per person.
- Please notify the provider of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and your travelling contact number at the time of booking.
- Private touring is available on request.
Registered as a COVID Safe business using guidelines from Safe Work Australia and well as ATEC COVID Ready badge program. Our approach addresses four key areas in controlling the risks of coronavirus for our Tour Guides and Guests:
- Manage staff and traveller well being
- Maintain practical physical distancing limits, where possible
- Enhanced hygiene and cleaning
- Keeping records to facilitate contact tracing
- Hand sanitiser and disposable face masks will be provided onboard our vehicles.
- Fully vaccinated business
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
TEMPORARY CHANGES INCLUDE
- Smaller passenger numbers and limited number of separate bookings per tour
- Scheduled days of operation have been reduced, private charters are available on request
- Price revised mid season to accommodate reduced numbers, effective from 1st September 2020
BLACK OUT DATES
25th Dec 2021, 2022 / 1st Jan 2022, 2023
Daily (May-Oct) / Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun (*Nov-Apr)
Min 6 – Max 21
*flexible vehicle sizes based on demand & social distancing guidelines.
DEFAULT DEPARTURE LOCATION
Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
DEFAULT RETURN LOCATION
Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
AUDIO TRANSLATION APP