- Kakadu National Park is one of four Australian sites included on the World Heritage List for exceptional natural and cultural values
- Explore floodplains of Ubirr, home to important Aboriginal rock painting sites thousands of years old
- Visit the infamous Cahills Crossing to safely spot saltwater crocodiles from the viewing platform
- Learn about Kakadu at the Bowali Visitor Centre with time to view and purchase local arts and artefacts
- Get your heart racing with a close encounter with an apex predator on the Adelaide River onboard the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise (optional extra); or
- Stroll the diverse wetlands boardwalk andobservation decks at Fogg Dam Conservation
Centre, a bird-watchers paradise and wildlife refuge.
- Shhh… there’s a secret in every tour!
Day 1: Darwin – Kakadu National Park
Join us on the adventure of a lifetime as we uncover the very best Kakadu has to offer.
We leave tropical Darwin travelling through the rich floodplains towards Kakadu National Park, this 20,000 square kilometre area teeming with wildlife, important Aboriginal rock art sites, and diverse landscapes.
Our first stop of the day is an optional Jumping Croc Cruise on the Adelaide River or a visit to the Fogg Dam Conservation Centre. The traditional lands of the Limilngan-Wulna people (who are active in the reserve’s management) are one of the most spectacular places to explore the diverse wildlife of the Top End, home to numerous species of birds, turtles, water pythons and of course the iconic Saltwater Crocodile.
We’ll stop in at the Bowali Visitor Centre to learn more about the rich Aboriginal culture and history of this special place and break for lunch (at guests’ own expense). We’ll visit the famous Cahills Crossing in search of crocodiles at this eye opening stretch of water, the only road access point between Arnhem Land and Kakadu National Park.
Visit the World Heritage Listed, sacred site Ubirr rock art. Home to some of the oldest and best preserved rock art galleries in the world. Dating back some 20,000 years and discover the hidden secrets with a guided walk.
Driving Distance: 600 km
Walking Distance: ~3km / 4km
*This itinerary schedule is interchangeable during seasonal weather fluctuations or during park closures due to traditional land owner ceremonies.
- Kakadu Park Pass entry fee included
- World Heritage Listed Site entry
- Guided bush walks
- Australian wildlife sightings
- Accredited outback driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pickup and drop off
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Personal expenses
- Refillable water bottle – 1L
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Comfortable hiking shoes, all weather clothing
- Tropical strength insect repellent
- Money for snack and meals
Not suitable for infants or children 5 yrs and under
- Adult (13+) – $225pp
- Child (6-12) – $150pp
- Adult + Croc Cruise – $265pp
- Child + Croc Cruise – $190pp
- 7:25 – Mindil Beach Casino Resort – Casino Dr The Gardens Darwin
- 7:30 – Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
- 7:32 – The Cavenagh Hotel – 12 Cavenagh St Darwin City
- 7:32 – Mantra Pandanas Darwin – 43 Knuckey St Darwin City
- 7:34 – Hilton Darwin – 32 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:35 – Tourist Precinct Mini Bus Zone – 69 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:37 – H on Mitchell Hotel Apartment – 105 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:38 – DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade – 116 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:39 – Novotel Darwin CBD – 100 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:40 – Mantra on the Esplanade Darwin – 88 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:45 – Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront – 7 Kitchener Dr Darwin City
- 8:05 – Discovery Parks – 11 Farrell Crescent entrance Winnellie
- 8:10 – Darwin FreeSpirit Resort – 901 Stuart Hwy Deviney Rd Holtze
- 8:45 – Croc Cruise 2915 Arnhem Highway – Window of Wetlands Wak Wak
In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
- This itinerary schedule is interchangeable during seasonal weather fluctuations or during park closures due to traditional land owner ceremonies.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks.
- Child policy 6 years old and over, not suitable for children 5 years old and under.
- This terrain is not suitable for mobility impaired travellers, wheelchairs, walkers, prams or strollers.
- Limited storage space on our vehicle, baggage kept to 1 x 5-7kg day bag per person.
- Please notify the provider of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and your travelling contact number at the time of booking.
- Private touring is available on request.
Registered as a COVID Safe business using guidelines from Safe Work Australia and well as ATEC COVID Ready badge program. Our approach addresses four key areas in controlling the risks of coronavirus for our Tour Guides and Guests:
- Manage staff and traveller well being
- Maintain practical physical distancing limits, where possible
- Enhanced hygiene and cleaning
- Keeping records to facilitate contact tracing
- Hand sanitiser and disposable face masks will be provided onboard our vehicles.
- Fully vaccinated business
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
TEMPORARY CHANGES INCLUDE
- Smaller passenger numbers and limited number of separate bookings per tour
- Scheduled days of operation have been reduced, private charters are available on request
- Price revised mid season to accommodate reduced numbers, effective from 1st September 2020
BLACK OUT DATES
25th Dec 2021, 2022 / 1st Jan 2022, 2023
Mo,Tu,We,Th,Su (May-Oct) / Tue, Thu, Sun (*Apr)
Min 6 – Max 21
*flexible vehicle sizes based on demand & social distancing guidelines.
DEFAULT DEPARTURE LOCATION
Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
DEFAULT RETURN LOCATION
Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
AUDIO TRANSLATION APP