- Uncover the spectacular hidden waterfalls of Litchfield National Park
- Explore the famous cascading plunge pools of Florence Falls, nestled in monsoon forest
- Cool off in shallow pristine pools of Buley Rockhole or Wangi Falls
- Get your heart racing with an apex predator close encounter on the Adelaide River, onboard the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise (optional extra)
- Marvel at the diverse wetlands of Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve and rare bird species
- Visit the impressive century-old Magnetic Termite Mounds located in the Litchfield National Park
- Shhh…. there’s a secret in every tour!
Allow us to show you one of our favourite places on earth… Litchfield National Park. Just over an hour’s drive from the city. We leave Darwin and make our way towards the world class Litchfield National Park surrounded by thick pockets of tropical rainforest, it offers cool respite from the Top End heat.
Stopping along the way you’ll have an opportunity to jump on the famous Jumping Crocodile Cruise (optional extra) on the Adelaide River, alternatively we visit the Fogg Dam Conservation Centre. The traditional lands of the Limilngan-Wulna people (who are active in the reserve’s management) are one of the most spectacular places to explore the diverse wildlife of the Top End, home to numerous species of birds, turtles, water pythons and of course the iconic Saltwater Crocodile.
We’ll visit some incredible monolithic Magnetic Termite Mounds and then have an opportunity to cool off in one of Litchfield’s beautiful natural plunge pools like Buley Rockholes or Wangi Falls. Visit a thundering waterfall like Florence Falls or Tolmer Falls and marvel at the sheer beauty carved out amongst the rocky escarpment. Fully relaxed and rejuvenated after a day in the stunning tropical national park we make our way back to Darwin.
Driving Distance: 317 km
Walking Distance: ~1km / 2km
*This itinerary schedule is interchangeable during seasonal weather fluctuations or during park closures due to traditional land owner ceremonies.
- National Park entry fees
- Best swimming rock pools
- Guided nature walk
- Australian wildlife sightings
- Accredited outback driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pickup and drop off
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Personal expenses
- 2L Refillable water bottle
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Swimwear & towel
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- All weather clothing
- Tropical strength insect repellent
- Money for snack and meals
Not suitable for infants or children 5 yrs and under
- Adult (13+) – $155pp
- Child (6-12) – $90pp
- Adult + Croc Cruise – $195pp
- Child + Croc Cruise – $130pp
- 7:25 – Mindil Beach Casino Resort – Casino Dr The Gardens Darwin
- 7:30 – Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
- 7:32 – The Cavenagh Hotel – 12 Cavenagh St Darwin City
- 7:32 – Mantra Pandanas Darwin – 43 Knuckey St Darwin City
- 7:34 – Hilton Darwin – 32 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:35 – Tourist Precinct Mini Bus Zone – 69 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:37 – H on Mitchell Hotel Apartment – 105 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:38 – DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade – 116 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:39 – Novotel Darwin CBD – 100 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:40 – Mantra on the Esplanade Darwin – 88 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:45 – Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront – 7 Kitchener Dr Darwin City
- 8:05 – Discovery Parks – 11 Farrell Crescent entrance Winnellie
- 8:10 – Darwin FreeSpirit Resort – 901 Stuart Hwy Deviney Rd Holtze
- 8:45 – Croc Cruise 2915 Arnhem Highway – Window of Wetlands Wak Wak
The weather in the Northern Territory can fluctuate and be extreme. It is not unheard of for temperatures to reach over 40+ degrees Celsius in the dry season and in the evening the temperature drops dramatically.
Please ensure you have checked the average temperatures for the time of year you are travelling and have packed adequate clothing. In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
- Itineraries may vary to adapt to seasonal changes and occasionally spots in the parks close or do not allow swimming. As safety is our top priority we plan accordingly to ensure our guests have the most fun and best experience possible while on tour.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks.
- Child policy 6 years old and over, not suitable for children 5 years old and under.
- This terrain is not suitable for mobility impaired travellers, wheelchairs, walkers, prams or strollers.
- Limited storage space on our vehicle, baggage kept to 1 x 5-7kg day bag per person.
- Please notify the provider of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and your travelling contact number at the time of booking.
- Private touring is available on request.
Registered as a COVID Safe business using guidelines from Safe Work Australia and well as ATEC COVID Ready badge program. Our approach addresses four key areas in controlling the risks of coronavirus for our Tour Guides and Guests:
- Manage staff and traveller well being
- Maintain practical physical distancing limits, where possible
- Enhanced hygiene and cleaning
- Keeping records to facilitate contact tracing
- Hand sanitiser and disposable face masks will be provided onboard our vehicles.
- Fully vaccinated business
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
TEMPORARY CHANGES INCLUDE
- Smaller passenger numbers and limited number of separate bookings per tour
- Scheduled days of operation have been reduced, private charters are available on request
- Price revised mid season to accommodate reduced numbers, effective from 1st September 2020
BLACK OUT DATES
01NOV-31MAR 2021-22 / 01DEC-31MAR 2022-23
Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat (May-Oct) / Wed, Fri (*Apr & Nov)
Min 6 – Max 21
*flexible vehicle sizes based on demand & social distancing guidelines.
DEFAULT DEPARTURE LOCATION
Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
DEFAULT RETURN LOCATION
Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
AUDIO TRANSLATION APP