- Witness hundreds of the world’s smallest penguins
- Sunset at the Penguin Parade with spectacular coastal views
- Guided ranger experience through the Phillip Island Koala Reserve
- Visit Seal Rocks boardwalk & explore The Nobbies Centre
- See the Penguin Parade’s award winning visitor information centre
- Explore Phillip Island’s natural beauty and majestic coastline
- A family-friendly Australian wildlife discovery experience
Get up close with a host of Aussie wildlife, see the fantastic coastline of Phillip Island and then witness one of Australia’s most spectacular wildlife experiences as hundreds of tiny penguins waddle ashore! You’ll also get the chance to get up close to koalas in their natural habitat and enjoy the spectacular rugged beauty of Phillip Island.
We begin our day with a stop at the Phillip Island Koala Reserve, where you’ll be making some new friends with our local Australian animals as you’re taken on a guided ranger walk through the woodland. Famous for its natural beauty, stunning beaches, rugged cliffs, and unique wildlife it’s then to the western end of the island to the Nobbies. Experience the majestic rocky coast and views of an Australian fur seal colony and spot wild wallabies and native birds on a back road journey to the main show at the Penguin Parade. Explore the award-winning Visitor Centre before witnessing the world’s smallest penguins emerge from the sea and waddle ashore. It’s truly a magical and unforgettable experience!
Driving Distance: 300km
- Penguin Parade general viewing entry
- Admission into Koala Conservation Reserve
- World-class wildlife encounter up close
- Experienced driver guide
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Select inner city pick up and drop off points
- Access to audio translation available in 10 languages
- Any meals not indicated – breakfast/lunch/dinner at own expense
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Personal expenses
- Refillable water bottle
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
- All-weather warm clothing ie.windbreaker, raincoat
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Small day pack 5-7kg
- Money for snack and meals
- Camera to capture every moment
- Adult (13+) – $145pp
- Child (0-12) – $125pp
- Penguins Plus Viewing – $65.00pp Adult / $32.50pp Child
View the Penguin Parade from a unique position with limited capacity (350)- current restriction 200.
- Penguins Underground Viewing – $75.00pp Adult / $37.50pp Child
View the Penguin Parade from an underground bunker with limited capacity (70)
*Agent commission is capped at 5% for all optional add-ons and viewing upgrades. Subject to availability.
Winter | Summer
- 10:25 |12:25 – Newport Bus Interchange, Mason St, Newport
- 11:00 |13:00 – YHA Metro, 78 Howard St, North Melbourne
- 11:05 |13:05 – Space Hotel, 380 Russell St, Melbourne
- 11:10 |13:10 – Rydges Melbourne, 186 Exhibition St, Melbourne
- 11:15 |13:15 – Mercure Welcome, 265 Little Bourke ST, Melbourne (Hotel Guests Only)
- 11:20 |13:20 – The Village Melbourne, 167 Franklin St cnr Anthony St, Melbourne
- 11:25 |13:25 – Pegasus Apartments Hotel, 206 A’Beckett St, Melbourne
- 11:30 |13:30 – Adina Apartment Hotel, 189 Queen St, Melbourne
- 11:35 |13:35 – The Savoy Hotel, 630 Little Collins St, Melbourne
- 11:40 |13:40 – Holiday Inn, 575 Flinders Ln, Melbourne
- 11:45 |13:45 – Immigration Museum, 400 Flinders St cnr Market St, Melbourne
- 11:50 |13:50 – Crown Promenade, 8 Whiteman St, Southbank
This tour is affected by daylight savings hours, departure time change to maximise the sunset experience.
- 03 Oct 2021 – 02 Apr 2022 summer @ 1:45pm
- 03 Apr 2022 – 01 Oct 2022 winter @ 11:45am
- 02 Oct 2022 – 01 Apr 2023 summer @ 1:45pm
- 02 Apr 2023 – 30 Sep 2023 winter @ 11:45am
- 01 Oct 2023 – 06 Apr 2024 summer @ 1:45pm
In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
- No photography or filming is permitted at the Penguin Parade. Penguins have sensitive eyes and a bright, sudden flash or unusual light can frighten or disorientate a penguin.
- Infants aged 0 to 4 are not permitted to travel on adult laps and must be safely restrained within a child protective seat. Infant protective seats are free of charge and must be requested at time of booking.
- Passenger contact information is now required when booking a trip, this will need to be kept on file for 30-days for the purposes of contact tracing. We require the full name, contact phone number and email address of the lead passenger.
For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular
- sanitation. Temperature checks of all staff will be conducted pre-departure and face masks and hand-sanitizer will be provided.
- All tours must be re-confirmed with the operator within 7 days prior to departure on 03 9393 1333.
- Please notify the tour operator of any dietary requirements or medical conditions prior to departure.
- Private touring is available on request.
Registered as a COVID Safe business using guidelines from Safe Work Australia and well as ATEC COVID Ready badge program. Our approach addresses four key areas in controlling the risks of coronavirus for our Tour Guides and Guests:
- Manage staff and traveller well being
- Maintain practical physical distancing limits, where possible
- Enhanced hygiene and cleaning
- Keeping records to facilitate contact tracing
- Hand sanitiser and disposable face masks will be provided onboard our vehicles.
- Fully vaccinated business
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
TEMPORARY CHANGES INCLUDE
- Smaller passenger numbers and limited number of separate bookings per tour
- Scheduled days of operation have been reduced, private charters are available on request
- Price revised mid season to accommodate reduced numbers, effective from 1st September 2020
BLACK OUT DATES
Daily / Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun (*low season)
Min 11 – Max 23
11:45 (winter Apr-Sep) / 13:45 (summer Oct-Mar)
DEFAULT DEPARTURE LOCATION
Immigration Museum – 400 Flinders St cnr Market St, Melbourne
22:00 (winter) Approx / 00:00 (summer) Approx
DEFAULT RETURN LOCATION
Immigration Museum – 400 Flinders St cnr Market St, Melbourne
AUDIO TRANSLATION APP
Yes – Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Dutch, French, Italian & German