- View the Pinnacles in Nambung National Park without all the day tours crowds
- Watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean landscape
- Take a stroll along Hangover Bay and learn about traditional bush medicines
- Checkout the wildflowers at Nilgen Lookout (seasonal)
- Stargaze with the latest astronomy equipment
- Test your skills sandboarding on the incredible and giant Lancelin Sand Dunes
- Learn about the Dreamtime and Aboriginal astronomy
- Enjoy a local sourced Australian BBQ picnic dinner under the outback stars
Day 1: Darwin – Kakadu National Park
Join us on the adventure of a lifetime as we uncover the very best Kakadu has to offer.
We leave tropical Darwin travelling through the rich floodplains towards Kakadu National Park, this 20,000 square kilometre area teeming with wildlife, important Aboriginal rock art sites, and diverse landscapes.
Our first stop of the day is an optional Jumping Croc Cruise on the Adelaide River or a visit to the Fogg Dam Conservation Centre. The traditional lands of the Limilngan-Wulna people (who are active in the reserve’s management) are one of the most spectacular places to explore the diverse wildlife of the Top End, home to numerous species of birds, turtles, water pythons and of course the iconic Saltwater Crocodile.
We’ll stop in at the Bowali Visitor Centre to learn more about the rich Aboriginal culture and history of this special place and break for lunch (at guests’ own expense). We’ll visit the famous Cahills Crossing in search of crocodiles at this eye opening stretch of water, the only road access point between Arnhem Land and Kakadu National Park.
Visit the World Heritage Listed, sacred site Ubirr rock art. Home to some of the oldest and best preserved rock art galleries in the world. Dating back some 20,000 years and discover the hidden secrets with a guided walk.
Driving Distance: 600 km
Walking Distance: ~3km / 4km
*This itinerary schedule is interchangeable during seasonal weather fluctuations or during park closures due to traditional land owner ceremonies.
- Dinner under the stars with glass of wine
- Sand surfing boards provided (weather conditions permitting)
- Telescope and astro binoculars provided
- Admissions to National Parks
- Pinnacles guided walk
- Experienced driver guide
- Air-conditioned superior minibus travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pick up and drop off points
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Personal expenses
- Water bottle (1L)
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Warm clothing for the evening as the desert can get cold at night
- Money for snack and meals not included
- Camera to capture every moment
- Small day bag 5-7kg
Not suitable for infants or children 5 yrs and under
- Adult (13+) – $165pp
- Child (6-12) – $115pp
Dec-Jan / Feb & Nov / Mar, Apr & Oct / May-Sep / Jun-Aug
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – Billabong Backpackers – 381 Beaufort St, Highgate
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – Criterion Hotel – 560 Hay St, Perth
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – DoubleTree Hilton Perth – 100 James St Northbridge
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – Hostel G – 80 Stirling St, Perth
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – Mantra on Hay Perth – 201 Hay St East Perth
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – Parmelia Hilton Perth – 14 Mill St Perth
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – Perth City YHA – 300 Wellington St Perth
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central – 24 Mount St, Perth
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – The Westin Perth – 480 Hay St Perth
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – The Witches Hat Hostel – 148 Palmerston St, North Perth
- 14:00 | 13:30 | 13:00 | 12:30 | 12:00 – Tourist Bus Stand on Wellington St Perth
The weather in Western Australia can fluctuate and be extreme at times. It is not unheard of for temperatures to reach over 40+ degrees Celsius during the day and in the evening the temperature drops dramatically. Please ensure you have checked the average temperatures for the time of year you are travelling and have packed adequate clothing.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks.
- Child policy 6 years old and over, not suitable for infants or children 5 years old and under.
- Passenger contact information and will be kept on file for 30-days for the purposes of contact tracing. We require the full name, contact phone number and email address of the lead passenger.
- For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitation. Temperature checks of all staff and travellers will be conducted pre-departure and hand-sanitizer will be provided.
- All tours must be re-confirmed with the operator within 7 days prior to departure on 03 9393 1333.
- Please notify the tour operator of any dietary requirements or medical conditions prior to departure.
- Private touring is available on request
Registered as a COVID Safe business using guidelines from Safe Work Australia and well as ATEC COVID Ready badge program. Our approach addresses four key areas in controlling the risks of coronavirus for our Tour Guides and Guests:
- Manage staff and traveller well being
- Maintain practical physical distancing limits, where possible
- Enhanced hygiene and cleaning
- Keeping records to facilitate contact tracing
- Hand sanitiser and disposable face masks will be provided onboard our vehicles.
- Fully vaccinated business
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
TEMPORARY CHANGES INCLUDE
- Smaller passenger numbers and limited number of separate bookings per tour
- Scheduled days of operation have been reduced, private charters are available on request
- Price revised mid season to accommodate reduced numbers, effective from 1st September 2020
BLACK OUT DATES
Sun, Mon, Thu
*departure days will increase based on traveller demand
Min 6 – Max 15 (subject to physical distancing)
13:00 (Oct, Mar-Apr) / 13:30 (Nov, Feb) / 14:00 (Dec-Jan) / 12:30 (May, Sep) / 12:00 (Jun-Aug)
DEFAULT DEPARTURE LOCATION
Criterion Hotel Perth, 560 Hay St, Perth, WA 6000
Between 21:30 – 23:00pm
DEFAULT RETURN LOCATION
AUDIO TRANSLATION APP